How To Import A Motorhome Into Malaysia (No AP Required)

Amendment of Customs (Prohibition of Imports And Exports) Order 2012

1. The Approved Permit (AP) is an Import License and Export License issued based on the Customs Act 1967 [Act 235].

2. The list products for Import License and Export License issued by MITI are specified in the Customs (Prohibition of Imports) Order 2012 [P.U.(A) 490/2012] and the Customs (Prohibition of Exports) Order 2012 [P.U.(A) 491/2012].

3. Pursuant to the Customs (Prohibition of Imports) (Amendment) (No.2) Order 2016 [P.U.(A) 219/2016], the requirement for Import License on the following products are abolished:

  1. Motorhomes;
  2. Motorcycle helmets;
  3. Used tyres; and
  4. Flour.

However, item (ii), (iii) and (iv) are subject to conditions imposed by respective government agencies.

4. Pursuant to the Customs (Prohibition of Exports)(Amendment) (No.2) Order 2016 [P.U.(A) 218/2016]:

5. The effective date will be on 1st September 2016.

For further info, kindly refer to this link:


SHAM ROSLI (someone who has done the steps of importing a motorhome from UK to Malaysia in 2019

The following is an Article by Sham Rosli taken from his Facebook

I review how I bought a Mercedes Sprinter Campervan in the UK. 
I originally wanted to buy something that was ready but my mind was changed to book my dream campervan … why buy it?

For almost a week I was looking for Mercedes Sprinter Panel Van in the UK. The requirement that I had was it had to be Auto transmission and to find the Mercedes Sprinter Automatic transmission is difficult in the UK as they are widely used. 

To buy panel van in the UK is not the same as Malaysia … In Malaysia we have to go through the process of converting commercial status to private and paying taxes but not in the UK … The process is more easy to change status to campervan is not as bad in Msia ..

After getting this van panel I made a conversion to a UK-recognized workshop. The campervan construction …was done in accordance with UK standards.

After almost a month and a half of new campervan preparations I was ready. The next step was to pay all the cost of conversion and tax set by the UK before I returned to Malaysia by ferry via Port Klang.

Until the licensed Port Klang Shipping Company I took care of customs and other matters … (we don’t do it myself) he meant tax payable. Then I went to JPJ PutraJaya (Mers Sprinter was already in Msia so the VTA process was not as complicated) Then I went to Puspakom Seremban and it was written in a Puspakom window van document instead of a panel van. 
After this process I registered my campervan …  (duration of time ….. 2 weeks shipping / from port to hand I take 3 weeks)


1. Anyone from the country is importing foreign motorhomes because since 2016 the government of Malaysia has abolished AP import …. no matter what year. (Remember … don’t ruin the AP rules by driving bad motorhome because we also have to comply with Msia road laws. Main security. 
2.Tax imports MUST pay to FREE 35% of the price of motorhome we buy and 10% sale tax. 
3. Before buying motorhome abroad we have to balance our finances later used for fear of not enough money to pay the tax … 

ARTICLE TAKEN FROM SHAM ROSLI (Facebook) Posted 11.30pm 6th January 2020

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s